Friday, September 28, 2007

I really don't know anything...

...do I?

The comically gravel-voiced, maudlin, ugly-as-a-boot, tough guy personaed, for-me-every-day-is-a-bad-hair-day schmoozer and former hard-nosed police officer Kamei Shizuka (Hiroshima District #6, Kokumin Shintō, 10 elections) has come down hard on Justice Minister Hatoyama Yukio Kunio for suggesting that the carrying out of death sentences become an automatic process not requiring the icky business of the Justice Minister signing a death warrant.

Kamei's respose: Hatoyama is "Lacking any human qualities at all."

Kamei, you see, is the Chairman of the Parliamentarians League for the Encouragement of an Abolition of the Death Penalty.

WHHHHHAAAT?

Of all the members of the Diet...I would have never guessed him in a hundred years.

And another bit of prejudice, born of ignorance, evaporates into nothingness.

4 comments:

Jun Okumura said...

and he's kinda cute, in a Jeremiah-was-a-bullfrog kinda way...

Christopher said...

Wow!
Wow, wow and wow again.

Question: how did you find this out?

Question: what other gems are floating around in the icky dark blackness of some other of the old guard's poster boys and girls?

Maybe some of these dinosaurs have a few reasonable ideas because of their experiences with the pre war / war-time / post war society ?

Anonymous said...

I feel like I've entered the outer limits because I think you've written Hatoyama Yukio here, but shouldn't that be Hatoyama Kunio.

I just woke up so maybe its becuase I haven't had a cup of coffee yet ...

Anonymous said...

I think he should trademark the bad hair day.

It's hard not to support someone who opposes the death penalty. Why do they do this to me?